This summer, my new book Coaching a Popular Music Ensemble - Blending formal, non-formal, and informal approaches in the rehearsal will be released. Stay tuned for the street date!
Presentations & Articles
This spring and summer (2019), I'll be presenting at a couple of music education conferences. I'd love to meet other educators interested in advocating for popular music education!
- Colorado Music Educators Association, Colorado Springs, January 23-26
- Association for Popular Music Education, New York, June 12-15
- International Music Education Summit, online, June 12-15
- My newest blog for the National Association for Music Education was published this past November - Towards a More Inclusive Music Education
- I've had a couple of article reprints courtesy of the Utah Music Educators Association and the Kentucky Music Educators Association.
- In the April 2019 Teaching Music magazine I wrote two short articles - one on Alternatives to Classroom Management and Successful High School Orchestra Habits.
- In the April 2019 InTune Monthly magazine I wrote two articles - one on How to Write an R&B Song with my good friend Such and one on Philadelphia-based bassist and band leader Jake Leschinsky.